Monday, March 28, 2011

My heart is filled with love today.

This morning we went the the national COTN office for the Dominican Republic, toured the medical clinic and met with the staff- this brought me such joy. It was so amazing to hear people through a translator tell us how much it means to them for us to be here, and to hear them bless us and love us.

We also toured two Bateys and two villages, learning how the education program works and being able to see first hand how these people live. Each time the van pulls into the neighborhoods all the children surround us chanting "Americanas! Americanas!" Each time we step out of the van we immediately have several children clinging to us. And each time our hearts are overwhelmed and falling in love.

At our 4th stop one little girl, Karen, clung to me, constantly in smiles. She grabbed my heart. I asked the director of this Batey if she was sponsored, when he said "no" I knew I wanted her to be part of my life and child sponorship was a great way for me to be part of hers as well. The director told me she had a twin sister who also wasn't sponsored, I met Katarina and I heard myself tell him "I'll take her too". I knew coming here I wanted to find a child to sponsor and with a little sacrafice on my end I can be used to help Karen and Katarina, making a difference in their lives. (pictures of these 5 year old sweethearts to come)

I have learned today through friends and the lack voice than our actions can speak so much louder than words. Hugging these children and playing with them speak so much more than my words can. I do not need to speak to matter to these people. I have learned that much of what I would say in really not that important anyway. I am inspired to spend more time in my life being intentionally quiet. Allowing myself to hear the Lord more clearly, not battling with the noises of life; allowing myself to be challenged in acting love instead of speaking it; allowing myself to grow, stretch, and change.

This just in, the elections that took place in Haiti on the 20th have not had a great outcome. Both candidates say that they won. This has caused a 5:00pm curfew and rioting during the day. Even the Dominicans are not going over because it is so unsafe. So our team will not be going into Haiti, instead we will stay in the Dominican Republic and do as the Lord leads.

If you can continue to pray for team unity, that we would be united in Christ with one mind and one mouth. Also that the Lord would continue to open our eyes and hears and our hearts to take in what he wants us to see and learn.

I thank the Lord for his guidance and for this opportunity to share his heart for these people.

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100

"Aclamen alegres al Señor, habitantes de toda la tierra; adoren al Señor con regocijo. Preséntense ante él con cánticos de júbilo. Reconozcan que el Señor es Dios; él nos hizo, y somos suyos. Somos su pueblo, ovejas de su prado. Entren por sus *puertas con acción de gracias; vengan a sus atrios con himnos de alabanza; denle gracias, alaben su *nombre. Porque el Señor es bueno y su gran amor es eterno; su fidelidad permanece para siempre." Salmos 100

No comments:

Post a Comment