Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Journey Begins

Hola Amigos!! Well, I've been in the Dominican Republic for a very interesting 5 days now. I have learned to communicate with people who know very little (if any) English, only to end this day with Larangitis. Yep, its true; this loud, fast, New York talker can't say a peep. I believe my family will be amused by this news as I've always been told my "mouth runs faster than a whipperwills butt", whatever that is. :) On a serious note, I praise the Lord because I started off sick and God has been good, I feel completely healthy now, just voiceless. I think this is intentional and I am excited to know the possible purpose behind this and continue learning and stretching myself outside of my comfort zone.

In the past five days I have been able to experience the Dominican Republic in many areas: the city, the people, the beach, the food, the language, the rooster that kakadoodledos all night long. It's been fun and its been tough. The second night here we heard American music and ate at a Burger King. Oh the joy this brought me. Today, however, we left Santo Damingo and the rooster (who I've named Geoffery) and met our team at the airport, where we then hopped on a school bus for four hours and have made it safely to Barahona. Barahona is home to Casa Bethesda, the COTN site that houses teams who come on trips like hours. Casa Bethesda, the Casa for short, is very cool. The staff are AWESOME! So friendly and welcoming. I am looking forward to spending this week with them.

I would love for your prayers this week! I will mention at the end of each post how you can specifically be praying for me, our team, and the works of COTN. Current prayer needs are restoration to my voice, team unity, and the Lord's clear direction (we still do not know if we are 100% going into Haiti).
Thank you for staying with me this week, I can't wait to experience COTN in country and to be able to share that experience with you! Praise Jesus!

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." -- Matthew 11:28-30

"Vengan a mí todos ustedes que están cansados y agobiados, y yo les daré descanso. Carguen con mi yugo y aprendan de mí, pues yo soy apacible y humilde de corazón, y encontrarán descanso para su alma. Porque mi yugo es suave y mi carga es liviana." -- Mateo 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment